we keep our clients involved throughout the construction process, from selecting the land to all the changes that must be made to the land.
- Proximity to work/highway – this can be a major deciding factor for many people
- School ISD that the lot falls under – It affects what school your children would go to. This also affects the resale value of the house
- Shopping centers nearby
- MUD tax – Some private neighborhoods might not have this tax instead it is part of the homeowner association fees
- Homeowner association requirement and fees – Homeowner association may have certain requirements in regards to construction (eg. roof style, outside walls style and color, driveway, etc) which might affect the kind of house you are trying to build. Thus it is important to consult us, a quality home builder before buying the land so that proper investigation can be made so that there are no obstacles when it is time for construction of your dream home.
- Prices/sqft of homes in the area – we at innovative building solutions, make sure that the area that you plan to buy the land in has houses of similar size and style that you wish to build. Building a house smaller or larger might affect the resale value negatively thus it is imperative that you consult us at IKLO so that you are aware of all the details.;
- Population demographics and crime rates – this might also play a role in determining the resale value of the house, thus we want to make sure that you are living in a comfortable environment, this is a promise of number one Texas custom home builders
Hidden / Unforeseen Cost
Why consult IKLO New Home Builders before buying
- Flood zone – the land might be in a flood zone meaning that in order to build, the ground must be raised higher with extra sand and mud adding cost to the construction of a new home
- Easement – every lot has several ft of easement (government utility area) where it is not permitted to build. Some lots have large amount of easement which the buyer might not realize, negatively affecting the planning and design of their new home.
- Soil quality – before construction, the lot goes through surveying and soil testing, which allows the builder to know whether he needs to scrape the old soil and put in new soil, thus adding extra cost to the construction of a new home in Houston